Policies & Procedures

Mandatory Meal Plan Participation by Undergraduate Student

  • All students living in the following on-campus residence halls must participate in a Scrappy (Mon.-Fri.) or Eagle (7 days week) meal plan: Crumley, Bruce, Clark, Kerr, Maple, McConnell, Traditions, Victory or West.

  • All Resident Freshmen (regardless of hall selection) must participate in a Scrappy or Eagle meal plan.

  • Upper-classmen living at College Inn, Honors Hall, Legends Hall, Mozart Square, and Santa Fe Square may choose from all available meal plans.

  • Students have until the second Friday after move-in to reduce their meal plan option. If you need to increase your meal plan option, you always have the opportunity to do so in the Dining Hall office.

  • Students living off-campus may purchase meal plans from the Dining Services main office or by clicking "Get A Meal Plan Now" at the top of this page.

Medical Meal Plan Conversion Process

There is no exemption from the financial obligation of a mandatory meal plan. If you have a medical condition requiring a special diet, you may submit a Medical Meal Plan Conversion Form for review. Refer to the submission requirements in the column to the right. 

If approved, your Meal Plan will be converted to a Medical Meal Plan which must be used prior to the end of the semester. Important Note: You will be charged for the Meal Plan regardless of plan status.

Financial hardship exemptions are not evaluated by Dining Services. Contact UNT Financial Aid Office for assistance.

Medical Meal Plan Submission Requirements:

Submit the following items to the Dining Services office in person or email to be considered for the Medical Meal Plan:

Students will be notified whether or not they are approved. If approved, students must come to the Dining Services office, fill out a Meal Plan Change form, and select a Medical Meal Plan in order to complete the exemption process.

Sack Lunches

Sack Lunches are available to students with a meal plan, for times when they are unable to get to one of the dining halls during regular meal hours due to class or work conflict. Please complete the following:

  • • Work related...fill out Work Schedule form and take it to the Dining Office (Crumley Hall Rm 132) for program approval.

  • • Class related...take a print out of your class schedule to the Dining Office for program approval.

  • • Take the approved Work Schedule form or Class Schedule along with a Sack lunch form to either Bruce Hall or Champs @ Victory to get your order started.

Sick Tray Policy

Dining Services offers a sick tray policy for students who are ill. Please do the following:

  • • Complete the Resident Sick Form for Dining Services—available from your RA.

  • • Return the completed form to your RA.

  • • The RA will take a disposable tray to the dining hall and bring your meal to you.

If you have any questions related to the Sick Tray procedure please contact your RA.

If you have any other questions, please call Dining Services at 940-565-2462 or visit our office in Crumley Hall #132 and we will be happy to assist you.

Program considerations

  • Please give 24 hours notice when ordering a sack meal.

  • Sack meal makers do their best to fulfill your request.

  • Valid pick-up times for sack lunch requests are: Monday – Friday from 7:15am – 6:30pm (Weekend sack lunches are not available).

  • Sack lunches include: sandwich, condiments and fruit.

  • Please give 24 hours notice to cancel a sack meal.

  • The Sack Lunch may be picked up from the front entrance cashier.

If you have a regularly scheduled sack lunch and you miss two pick-ups, your regular sack lunch order will be cancelled until you speak with the Dining Manager.